Daily Archives: January 18, 2015

RICHEST 1% OWN 50% of WORLDS WEALTH – Are You Part of the Worlds Wealthiest 50% ?


Elite NWO Agenda

Published on Oct 16, 2014

SUBSCRIBE to ELITE NWO AGENDA for Latest on GOLD / SILVER / BITCOIN / U.S. DOLLAR COLLAPSE / GLOBAL RESET / END GAME / EBOLA http://www.youtube.com/EliteNWOAgenda

RICHEST 1% OWN 50% of WORLDS WEALTH – Are You Part of the Worlds Wealthiest 50% ?

World wealth has reached a record $263 trillion but is concentrated in fewer hands. The richest 1 percent have accumulated more wealth, and own almost 50 percent of it, which could trigger recession, according to a new report by Credit Suisse.

Global Climate Change
Environment Ethics
Environment Justice

Top 1% Vs The Bottom 99%: Study


The Young Turks

Published on Sep 15, 2013

“…The richest 1% of Americans collected a greater share of household income last year than at any time in the last century, according to a new analysis of IRS data going back to 1913. The wealthiest Americans took a hit during the recent financial crisis, with their wealth plummeting 36% between 2007 and 2009. But since then, the net worth of the flushest among us has rebounded sharply, buoyed by rising corporate profits and stock prices. In 2012, 19.3% of all household income in the U.S. went to the top 1% of earners, their greatest share since 1928. Incomes for the top 1% rose nearly 20% last year, while incomes for the remaining 99% increased by just 1%…”.* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

Global Climate Change
Environment Ethics
Environment Justice

Top 5: Richest 1% now own half of world’s wealth


ODN

Published on Oct 14, 2014

Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/ODNsubs
The richest 1% of the world’s population are getting wealthier, owning more than 48% of global wealth, according to a report by Credit Suisse. Report by Sarah Kerr.

Global Climate Change
Environment Ethics
Environment Justice

Oxfam: 85 richest people as wealthy as poorest half of the world

As World Economic Forum starts in Davos, development charity claims growing inequality has been driven by ‘power

The InterContinental Davos luxury hotel in the Swiss mountain resort of Davos. Oxfam report found people in countries around the world believe that the rich have too much influence over the direction their country is heading. Photograph: Arnd Wiegmann/REUTERS

The world’s wealthiest people aren’t known for travelling by bus, but if they fancied a change of scene then the richest 85 people on the globe – who between them control as much wealth as the poorest half of the global population put together – could squeeze onto a single double-decker.

The extent to which so much global wealth has become corralled by a virtual handful of the so-called ‘global elite’ is exposed in a new report from Oxfam on Monday. It warned that those richest 85 people across the globe share a combined wealth of £1tn, as much as the poorest 3.5 billion of the world’s population.

Source: F. Alvaredo, A. B. Atkinson, T. Piketty and E. Saez, (2013) ‘The World Top Incomes Database’, http://topincomes.g-mond.parisschoolofeconomics.eu/ Only includes countries with data in 1980 and later than 2008. Photograph: Oxfam

The wealth of the 1% richest people in the world amounts to $110tn (£60.88tn), or 65 times as much as the poorest half of the world, added the development charity, which fears this concentration of economic resources is threatening political stability and driving up social tensions.

…(read more).

Global Climate Change
Environment Ethics
Environment Justice

Richest 1% will own more than the other 99% put together by next year


Yoting News

No views

Published on Jan 18, 2015

Richest 1% will own more than the other 99% put together by next year Subscribe My Channel! .Oxfam warned the ‘explosion in inequality’ is holding back the fight against global poverty at a time when more than a billion people still live on less than $1.25 (83p) a day.

Global Climate Change
Environment Ethics
Environment Justice

Counting the Cost – Extra – The slippery slope of oil prices


Al Jazeera English

Published on Jan 18, 2015

We look at how falling prices could change the fortunes of producers of the world’s black gold.

Global Climate Change
Environment Ethics
Environment Justice

Floods displace thousands in Malawi


Al Jazeera English

Published on Jan 18, 2015

Almost 200 people have been killed and tens of thousands of hectares of farmland have been destroyed by floods in the southern African nation of Malawi.A further 100,000 people have also been displaced and the situation is set to get worse, with Malawi’s Department of Meteorological Services warning that heavy rains may continue.Al Jazeera’s Catherine Soi reports from southern Malawi’s Mulanje district where farmers have lost all their crop.

Global Climate Change
Environment Ethics
Environment Justice