- Highlights: Time to Get Real on Climate Change
- Full Show: Time to Get Real on Climate Change
- The National Climate Assessment Says We’re in Trouble. This Chart Shows Why.
- Who’s Getting it Right on Climate Change?
- Full Show: Putting the Freeze on Global Warming
- How to Convince Conservative Christians That Global Warming Is Real
- Seven Scary Facts About How Global Warming Is Scorching the United States
Preview: The War on Climate Scientists
May 14, 2014
Climate change is increasingly making mainstream media headlines and this week was no exception.
On Tuesday, scientists said that the long-feared collapse of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet has begun, kicking off what they believe will be a centuries-long, irreversible process that could raise sea levels by as much as 15 feet.
News reports like this show that climate change is serious, but corporations and even some governments seem recklessly determined to minimize or deny the reality of global warming, as well as undermine the authority of scientists.
In the second part of his conversation with Bill, Canadian scientist and environmental activist David Suzuki says killing the messenger is a 50-year-0ld strategy ripped straight from big tobacco’s playbook.